In addition to regular day hikes conducted locally between April and November each year the company offers limited departures of bushwalking holidays interstate; including Victoria’s Great Ocean Walk and in Tasmania’s National Parks. Horizon Guides is an accredited tour operator with the National Parks services in Queensland, Victoria and Tasmania.
Sharing the beauty of wild places with people is the principle aim of Horizon Guides. To this end we design bushwalks and holidays that:
- Enhance appreciation of the world through sharing knowledge of ecology and natural history; encouraging people to observe what is around them, as well as recognise the roles and impacts of humankind on the planet.
- Provide a bushwalking experience where risk is acknowledged and managed.
- Provide a level of challenge that is appropriate yet stimulating.
- Assist people to develop and build on their personal bushwalking knowledge and skills.
- Model best ‘minimal impact practice’ and encourage people to apply these principles in their everyday life.
- Structure day walks and tours so as to allow time to properly appreciate each place.
Guest comment following the Tassie Tracks South 2010 tour
"Thank you for a truly wonderful week - I loved it all! I really enjoyed your style of trip and greatly appreciated your vast knowledge of the natural world"